There’s a recent article from the LA Times about three new lawsuits in California due to injury to vapers who had their electronic cigarette explode on their person.
The first thing I want to say is my thoughts are with the victims and hope they fully recover from their injuries, as they are quite severe. One had it explode in their face, causing significant damage to their face, mouth and tongue, as well as losing the index finger on their hand. Another had their device explode in their pocket, causing damage to their leg. The third’s exploded while in their car charger and caught fire.
I don’t have any intimate details here on what brand / product they were using, whether they had been modified or anything, so I won’t make any conjecture on what happened in these cases. I’ll just issue a reminder to always buy from reputable brands like this one here, and always follow the instruction manual to a T, and if you spot any kind of malfunctioning of your product be sure to discontinue use. Just my two cents — stay safe, vapers!